The songs of today


I don't know the reasons to everything. 

I've tried all sorts of explanations and interpretations. None of them add up to the fact that I don't see you at all as a fatherly figure. It's quite the opposite, actually. I want to shield you. Shell you. Protect you. Glass you from every shard that may eventually come from a falling ceiling.

Using the love card is also a bit down the beaten path, isn't it? It still holds, though.

I may know the reasons to nothing.

The attraction you exert on me, though. Does it come from that peaceful countenance of yours? Or maybe from the fact that you're such a passionate person... You're passionate about everything that you love. Dare we not say your life is boring, for all I see is tragedy and fun, a good portion of each. Your thoughtful eyes, like you're always envisioning something that lies somewhere far beyond what they can reach. The silent grunt you make when you're happy, as I'm holding you. The absence of grunt you make when you're annoyed. And then, the grunt you make when you agree to something.  Your ghost can't let anyone into its head that easily, can it? The mystery of not knowing what the fuck you're reflecting upon amazes me and only pushes me forward.

Should you deny all these compliments, then I've just fallen in love for the wrong guy. Because nothing could bring me more joy than sharing my life with that person.

I might as well know the goddamn reasons!


Life to Come
The Killers

I didn't see this coming, I admit it
But if you think I'll buckle, forget it
I told you that I'd be the one
I'll be there in the life to come

You think I lost my vision but I didn't
It sounds like heaven, but it isn't
Through fields of amber we will run
Somewhere in the life to come

...

If you call my name
I will run whether or not it's tonight
Or the life to come

I know sometimes you think that I regret it
But I don't remember stumbling when I said it
I told you that I'd be the one
I was talking about the life to come

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Obrigado por comentarem!